What a beautiful start to the week…absolutely stunning view of the mountain covered in snow.
Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 18 September at 5.30pm
- All Financial Members (and recently lapsed Financial Members) have been sent invitations to renew their Financial Membership
- 2019-2020 Financial Membership is necessary to nominate to be on the KNH Board and to vote for potential Board Members at the AGM,
- Our Constitution allows for nominations of potential Board Members until 10 days prior to the AGM, which this year means nominations close for KNH Board Members close on 4 September at 4.00pm.
- Please ensure your financial membership is renewed before the AGM to enable you to vote and elect KNH Board Members.
If you have any questions about the AGM, Financial Membership or becoming a KNH Board Member please let us know. You can also speak to Eddie (KNH Vice President) on 0488 384 107 or call in on Wednesdays to talk to him.
The KNH Board Meeting this coming Wednesday is the last before our AGM.
Continuation of Veterans Support Group (formerly Mates4Mates) today at 2pm
Mates4Mates has relocated to the Huon Valley however we are excited that Andreas and Ricky will be continuing to offer a space to veterans and their families on the last Monday of each month for a coffee, catchup and get together, along the lines of Mates4Mates.
KNH is committed to supporting our veteran community and we hope you can promote this opportunity to people you may know in the veteran community.
ySpace Youth Activities Program – Tuesday at 3pm
YsPACE Youth Activities returns to KNH this week, hosted by Sarah Johns from Kingborough Council and ably assisted by Karen and Mel (KNH Volunteers).
Tuesday’s activities are cooking a delicious meal to take home. The program welcomes children aged 10-17 so please tell anyone who may be interested.
Scrabble – Tuesday at 7pm – contact Khen on 0402 857 995
If you are interested in getting involved in the challenging and enjoyable game of Scrabble, please contact Khen on 0402 857 995 – new and past players welcome.
Did you know…
- Scrabble was invented by an architect.
- It wasn’t always called scrabble. (Lexico, Criss-Cross words then Scrabble).
- Initially, no game manufacturers would buy scrabble.
- Despite its long history, scrabble hasn’t changed much.
- But the game might not stay the same for much longer.
- You can use the word ‘bingo’ while playing.
- You can use different tiles for competition.
- There are different word lists for different levels of competition.
- The game is played competitively in other languages—which can make things complicated.
- The North American Scrabble Players rule book is 50 pages long.
- There have been a few scandals.
- The most valuable tiles depend on your level of play.
- Tons of new words were added to the dictionary in 2014.
- It’s possible to score 1782 points on a single word.
Thought for the week
Be Brave, even if you’re not, pretend to be.
Visit the event calendar for a full list of this week’s events.
As always, please feel free to contact us to suggest ideas, raise any issues or discuss concerns – our community values your feedback.